RPM Fusion (Fedora - nonfree) Package Build Report 2009-08-16

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:45:41 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 14:31 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2009/8/16 Jonathan Dieter <jdieter at gmail.com>:
> > On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 11:25 +0200, rpmfusion-pkgs-report at rpmfusion.org
> > wrote:
> >>     catalyst-kmod-9.5-1.fc10.8
> >
> > What's the story with getting Catalyst 9.7 into F10? Even for
> > updates-testing?  Are there still problems getting Catalyst running on
> > the 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 kernels (which is keeping Catalyst out of F11 and
> > Rawhide).  Would the maintainer like any help?
> There is no clean support for 2.6.29 yet in catalyst.
> So I wonder what kind of help you want to offer !?

I figured something along the lines of rewriting the driver from scratch
to use the new quantum-pipelining infrastructure to increase the card's
speed by a factor of 10 while halving its power usage, and I was
planning on writing it using Fortran (with some COBOL where necessary).
</delusions_of_grandeur>

No, what I really meant was help in getting 9.7 into F10, I definitely
don't have the kernel-foo to fix catalyst for the newer kernels.

> Now that's true that 9.7 could be updated in F-10 for 2.6.27.
> But aren't we waiting for 9.8 ?
>
> Anyway, If you want to give a hand for catalyst in rpmfusion the
> better would be to submit an update bugreport having the spec already
> updated for lastest version...

Ok, sounds good.  Let me see what I can do.

> Now keeping 9.5 can also be justified, that will be up to firewing1 to say...

Thanks,
Jonathan