cvs question

solarflow99 solarflow99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:58:38 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM, solarflow99<solarflow99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just have a question about updating a package in CVS.  From the
> example, I
> > edit the spec file and it shows to type: make tag build.   However this
> > command fails, and doing make build doesnt seem to take the new spec
> file, I
> > know I must be missing something simple here..
> >

> > # make tag
> > cvs tag  -c dosemu-1_4_0-4_1905svn
> > cvs tag: dosemu.spec is locally modified
> > cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!
> > make: *** [tag] Error 1
>
> I just noticed that you didn't use the %{?dist} tag:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Using_the_.25.7B.3Fdist.7D_Tag
>
> You should use it otherwise you won't guarantee a clean upgrade path
> from different Fedora releases (e.g. from F-10 to F-11).
>
> A side error of not using the %{?dist} tag will be the impossibility
> to use "make tag" because different branches cannot have the same tag.

thanks guys, I didn't realize committing clog was important to read in the
other changes too.  I can't believe I didnt use {?dist} I can't remember why
I did that now.  So I made the necessary changes, make tag worked, and got
this far now..

# make build
PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG=/root/.plague-client-rpmfusion.cfg
/usr/bin/plague-client build dosemu dosemu-1_4_0-4_1905svn{?dist} f10-free
Error: an error ocurred communicating with the server. '<Fault 1:
"exceptions.NameError:global name 'cvs_tag' is not defined">'
make: *** [plague] Error 1