cvs question

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 25 15:18:14 CEST 2009

On 08/25/2009 05:58 AM, solarflow99 wrote:
> thanks guys, I didn't realize committing clog was important to read in the
> other changes too.
it isn't technically. clog = commit log. You use it to describe the
changes that you are committing. It makes it so people can track changes
to software, with a summary description.

You could also type in the commit log as you commit to cvs; cvs pops up
a vi (like) editor that request you to enter the change/commit log.

In either case you should carefully check the list of differences that
you have made, by cvs diff -u, before you commit to ensure unexpected or
test changes haven't been made.

> # make build
> PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG=/root/.plague-client-rpmfusion.cfg
> /usr/bin/plague-client build dosemu dosemu-1_4_0-4_1905svn{?dist} f10-free
> Error: an error ocurred communicating with the server. '<Fault 1:
> "exceptions.NameError:global name 'cvs_tag' is not defined">'
> make: *** [plague] Error 1
I don't know the cause of this.

DaveT.