akmod-wl still at old version

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Feb 4 08:07:20 CET 2009

On 03.02.2009 18:24, Chris Nolan wrote:
> In the F-10 repo akmod-wl is still at version 5.10.27.6 whereas wl-kmod
> has been through 5.10.27.11 and 5.10.27.12 since then.

Fixed.

> This is likely
> something I've done wrong when queueing the builds after I update the
> version.
>
> Can someone pls explain the correct process I should go though to ensure
> that the akmod is updated whenever I do a version change? I thought I
> was doing it right: commenting the "buildforkernels newest" macro for
> new version builds and then uncommenting it again for new kernel builds
> (i.e. same version builds).

I can't remember the details, but some (all?) RPM macros don't get
disabled if you put a # front of them.

IOW: The buildforkernels macro in following example is still defined:

#%define buildforkernels newest

This one isn't

#%define buildforkernels newest

I'll think about a better solution.

Or maybe we should simply build the akmods from separate packages? But
that would mean to copy kmod spec and spec files, flip a macro, request
another build when you update a kmod.