blcr, blcr-kmod build OK on F9, F10, but not devel

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 5 12:37:57 CET 2009

On 04.02.2009 14:35, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Neal Becker wrote:
>> I propose to release blcr for F9 and F10, since they should be working.
>> Any objections?
> F9 and F10 already have a 2.6.29 RC in updates-testing.

It's still in koji, but yes, it sooner or later will enter
updates-testing and at least a few crazy people like me run it already.

> Sometimes a Fedora release even gets released with a prerelease kernel. You
> need to be prepared for that.

And others run self compiled kernels from git or the kernel rpms from
rawhide. akmods will rebuild the module for those kernel automatically
-- but that of course only works if the module source compiles with
those kernels.

Supporting some of those use cases is not worth the trouble. But rawhide
is important for us, hence we should do our best to have all kmods
available there.