Where we are and where do we what to go?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 10 10:14:44 CET 2009

On 10.02.2009 09:57, Dan Horák wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis píše v Po 09. 02. 2009 v 19:58 +0100:
>>> I agree and would like join with some of my stuff.
>> Hmmm. kde-redhat is something special, so a dedicated repo for it makes
>> a lot of sense afaics.
>> But do you need to have your own dedicated experimental repo. Might a
>> general experimental repo be a better solution? Not sure myself, just
>> want to hear options...
>
> Oh, I was thinking that we are going to offer a merger for the personal
> or highly specialized repos into one experimental repo (if possible)
> that will use RPM Fusion's infrastructure.
> [...]
> When there should be multiple repos, then I would prefer to divide them
> by relation to Fedora/RPM Fusion (eg. experimental, backports) rather
> then by area (kde, mono, math, ...)

A dedicated "math" repo like really is not needed -- those packages are
likely more suitable for a general experimental and/or staging repo. But
I guess some sort of spits by area will be needed -- I guess that (for
example) the kde-redhat users likely don't want to get highly
experimental graphics drivers from the same repo when they run yum-update.

Or how would you solve that? Excludes and includepkgs statements in the
repo files are likely way to complicated...