pkgconfig problem on RHEL-5

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:24:14 CET 2009

2009/1/19 Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask ... I am trying to compile ffmpeg plugin for
> qmmp, but cmake fails to recognize the needed libraries:
>
> ... snip ...
> -- checking for modules 'libavcodec;libavformat'
> --   package 'libavcodec' not found
> --   package 'libavformat' not found
> ... snip ...
Are you sure ffmpeg-devel from the EL-5 testing repository was
actually installed on the buildroot ?

> The relevant CMakeLists.txt line is:
>
> pkg_check_modules(FFMPEG libavcodec libavformat)
I don't know Cmake enough. but if it worked earlier with fedora, it
should be the same.
> I've also tried to run pkg-config on commandline:
>
> [root at dhcp-lab-227 rhel]# pkg-config libavcodec; echo $?
> 1
> [root at dhcp-lab-227 rhel]# pkg-config libavformat; echo $?
> 1
you don't have requested anything at this time. So an empty result was
expected.Try with:
[root at kwizatz firmware]# pkg-config libavcodec --libs
-lavcodecrpmfusion (yes, this is my own tweaked version, should have
been -lavcodec).