RPM Fusion (Fedora - nonfree) Package Build Report 2009-05-13

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu May 14 13:42:59 CEST 2009

2009/5/13  <rpmfusion-pkgs-report at rpmfusion.org>:

> Packages built and released for RPM Fusion (Fedora - nonfree) development: 6
>
>    fglrx-kmod-9.4-0.2.beta.fc11.5
> fglrx-kmod-9.4-0.2.beta.fc11.5
> ------------------------------
> * Wed May 13 2009 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora [AT] leemhuis [DOT] info> - 9.4-0.2.beta.5
> - rebuild for new kernels

fglrx is :
- Meant to stay at 9.3 release (newer release is catalyst and start with 9.4)
- Isn't compatible (despite it built) with 2.6.29 kernels.
It produce random crash hard freeze, log,etc.

For all theses reason, the fgrlx package needs to be removed from the
devel/F-11 repository right now...

Furthermore we are expecting the newly introduced catalyst-kmod
package to be built for F-10/2.6.27 kernel
This package has the hacky patch to make it build for 2.6.29 kernel
remove to prevent akmod to produce a buggy kmod-catalyst package for
the 2.6.29 kernel in updates-testing.