delta rpm's for RPM Fusion! (was Re: delta rpm's for RPM Fusion?)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun May 17 19:00:32 CEST 2009

On 16.05.2009 08:46, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 22:50 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 May 2009 22:10:03 +0300, Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>> FWIW, createrepo now creates the deltarpms in the Fedora infrastructure,
>>> rather than the presto-utils.
>>> As for hardware resources, in Fedora we're not generating deltarpms for
>>> rpms larger than 100MB as [...]
>> What kind of repository inheritance is implemented by Fedora
>> Infrastructure for deltarpms?
>> For example, are F-11 deltarpms generated against F-10 Updates *and*
>> F-10? Or even a level deeper down to F-9 Updates plus F-9?
> The only repository inheritance is F-10 Updates inheriting from F-10 GA,
> and the same for F-9 Updates from F-9 GA.  F-11 Updates currently
> inherits from Rawhide F-11, and Rawhide F-11 only generates deltarpms
> against itself.

Mschwendt committed changes to the master push scripts that should make
something like the above easy to do in RPM Fusion as well.

But I did update the push scripts on our master server yet. F11 is just
a few days away and I'd prefer not to do major changes so close before a
release. So I'll enable those right after resale -- that might sound
more dangerous, but in fact it isn't from my point of view; and most if
not all updates will first go to testing anyway, which gives us a safe
area for tests.

IOW: Yes, RPM Fusion will support delta RPMS, but that will start with
the first round of updates and the rawhie tree that will become F12.