bsnes 0.051+

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:05:34 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 0.053 brought yet another code separation, libsnesfilter. Having said
>> that, in the process of severely crippling snesfilter (only zlib
>> support), I have managed to make it work with system zlib. Spec files
>> and srpms are available on my fedorapeople page:
>> http://belegdol.fedorapeople.org/snes/
>> Please have a look. Also, won't these be suitable for Fedora proper
>> (after removing unrar code, of course)?

I had only a quick glance:

* If you have to exclude unrar code because of licensing issue, you
MUST repack the source:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#When_Upstream_uses_Prohibited_Code

* You should not patch the Makefile with the hard-coded value of
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS. Your "sed -i "s#-O3#$RPM_OPT_FLAGS#"" is not applied
because it is in conflict with your systemlib patch.

* Your "sed -i "s/link  := -s/#link  := -s/" Makefile" is not applied
because it is in conflict with your systemlib patch.

* To be sure you do not use any file of the local libraries you should
delete the related source in %prep; i.e. rm -rf zlib etc...

HTH,

Andrea.