kmod-wl in Rawhide

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Sun Oct 11 23:03:28 CEST 2009

On 10/10/09 13:36, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> while testing Rawhide I saw that currently is no wl module (kmod-wl)
> for latest rawhide kernel. Will there be a new kmod-wl package in
> rpmfusion-rawhide repository?
>
> Thank you all for this great repository and your hard work!

Hi Valent, it sometimes takes a few days after a new kernel is released
for rpmfusion to rebuild the kmods and push them to the repos. For
rawhide this can take a bit longer than usual sometimes.

You could try using the akmod package which will build the kmod against
whichever kernel you have installed, meaning you won't need to wait for
rpmfusion to push updates when new kernels are released.

Chris