kmod-wl in Rawhide

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 21 19:39:07 CEST 2009

Hi!

On 11.10.2009 23:03, Chris Nolan wrote:
> On 10/10/09 13:36, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> while testing Rawhide I saw that currently is no wl module (kmod-wl)
>> for latest rawhide kernel. Will there be a new kmod-wl package in
>> rpmfusion-rawhide repository?
>>
>> Thank you all for this great repository and your hard work!
>
> Hi Valent, it sometimes takes a few days after a new kernel is released
> for rpmfusion to rebuild the kmods and push them to the repos. For
> rawhide this can take a bit longer than usual sometimes.

Hmmm. I'd put it like this:

 * RPM Fusion most of the time publishes new kmods for new kernels from
Fedora's updates and updates-testing repos within 1 day (often a a lot
less), but mirror lag and yum caching often create problems for people

 * kmods for rawhide kernels are build only irregular, as there are new
kernels in rawhide way to often; the rough plan is to build them once a
week on sunday, but I failed to do that in the past months; now that we
are getting closer to release I'll try to build kmod for (nearly) each
kernel