kmod-nvidia in rawhide?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 21 21:58:08 CEST 2009

On 21.10.2009 21:20, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2009/10/21 Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>:
>>> Right, but the new packaging scheme is on the way.
>> New packaging scheme? /me missed something...
>>> Was delayed because the work on multimedia libs update.
>>> May I not be the only one to work on rawhide ?!!!!
>>> Please!
>> I'll take care of 190.40 drivers for rawhide right now.
> No that's not What I meant.
>
> mplayer and avidemux along with a mass rebuild is needed.
>
> Furthermore selinux still isn't compatible with the nvidia drivers yet.
>
> What You 've just subscribed is the review request pending for the new review.

Just my 2 cent: I'd much prefer to get the driver in asap, especially if
any reviews for other packages are needed before that can happen. We are
running out of time for F12 and users are annoyed that we don't ship the
drivers.

Or, IOW: Is there any downside in doing what Dominik and Jarod suggested
and just updated the drivers? If your new scheme gets ready in time we
can switch over easily -- we need to provide and test the upgrade path
anyway...

> (nvidia-xsetting and nvidia-xconfig splitted fom the driver at least)

Weren't those reviewed earlier already?

Cu