x264 version bump

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Mon Oct 26 14:37:55 CET 2009

On 2009/10/26 5:46 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In the last three weeks there have been two ABI changes in x264.
> Current FFmpeg already requires the latest x264, so I can't update
> it past 20091019 snapshot without updating x264 as well.
> I'm going to try and rebuild all packages depending on x264 to see
> if they still build locally, but I'd like some feedback from the
> maintainers of:
> avidemux
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly
> libquicktime
> vlc

It's fine by me... TBH I don't care much about avidemux anymore. I've made
multiple attempts to contact upstream to inform them of problems or even
send patches and received no response, compile errors are frequent and it
bundles (in some cases, rather outdated) copies many libraries internally.

I'll continue maintaining it, but if it's broken, it's broken - I'll just
wait for the next upstream release (or Gentoo patch, whatever comes first).

Stewart