RHEL 6 Beta

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:40:37 CEST 2010

2010/4/23 Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>:
> Folks,
>
> The RHEL 6 Beta is out and I'm interested in rpmfusion support for RHEL
> 6.  Sounds like EPEL will be branching in a week or two.  I'd like to
> put some work into making this happen.
>
> I guess the first step is to get RHEL6 Beta1 on more mirrors so that we
> can have easy access to the Yum repos.
I would be interested in creating an el-6 branch right now also.
But because anything above ffmpeg in F-13 is doomed because of
http://www.videolan.org/security/sa1003.html
I would branch some packages from F-13 tree. (and vlc from F-14).

That been said most packages should be branched from F-12, so the question is:
How much of the current RPM Fusion packages maintainer do want to
support their package in EL-6 also ?
(so that we can eventually automatically branch packages from F-12)

Nicolas (kwizart)

ps: that been said, I cannot expect anything in el-? branches before
we solve two questions:
How to move to our own hosted koji build server infra ?
how to deal with kernel module in the EL world (where a stable kABI is
the rule).