RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2010-07-13

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jul 13 14:09:27 CEST 2010

Kevin Kofler wrote on 13.07.2010 13:34:
> rpmfusion-pkgs-report at rpmfusion.org wrote:
>> Packages built and released for RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) 11: 2
>>
>> ffmpeg-0.5.2-1.fc11
>> mythtv-0.23-5.fc11
> Huh? Isn't F11 supposed to be EOL already?

I guess so, but

 * yes, F11 IMHO is EOL now, but nobody discussed or announced that (the
usual lack of steering in RPM Fusion, which IMHO more and more becomes a
problem) (¹)

 * those packages were pushed to testing/11/ shortly before EOL; I left
them there for the usual week and earlier today wondered what to do with
them; I chose to push them, as leaving packages like this in testing
after EOL seems a bit strange to me; it also wastes space and makes
rsync process more files and thus slows things down.

(¹) yeah, I could do that, and here is why I don't:
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2010-February/007223.html

It for example contained:
"""
Think of it a bit like "Thorsten will be leaving us by start of the summer"
"""

I nevertheless still do some work to make sure RPM Fusion keeps running
good enough, but I hope by not doing some non-crucial things might make
some people consider to step up (that's a general remark, not specific
in your direction Kevin)