RPM Fusion for EPEL-6

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 16:51:10 CEST 2010

2010/7/29 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seriously interested in maintaining my RPM Fusion packages for EL-6
> (actually, I'd be glad if we had a multimedia stack for it as well),
> given I'll probably end up with an el6 desktop.
I'm also interested in,
EPEL 6 is announced for the end of August

Now I think the first task would be to renew our buildsys before
anything else. (switch to koji and git).
Last time I've talked about it, it was missing a serious server
(anything not a VM and with more than 256M of RAM).

But until the buildsys is open, maybe we can start to branch cvs, it
will make illusion that we can start packaging works at least.

The other part of the EL-6 maintainability, is the kernel module part,
and given that the kmod style didn't addressed the issue that was
raised previously, I think it will be a problem to have something
undermaintained there, I would prefer to go with http://elrepo.org/
for that side of things.