RPM Fusion for EPEL-6

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 29 16:58:35 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/7/29 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm seriously interested in maintaining my RPM Fusion packages for EL-6
>> (actually, I'd be glad if we had a multimedia stack for it as well),
>> given I'll probably end up with an el6 desktop.
> I'm also interested in,
> EPEL 6 is announced for the end of August
>
> Now I think the first task would be to renew our buildsys before
> anything else. (switch to koji and git).
> Last time I've talked about it, it was missing a serious server
> (anything not a VM and with more than 256M of RAM).

Okay, how serious a server do we need? I have a dual-core opteron
1.8GHz box w/4GB of RAM sitting around doing absolutely nothing at
home right now. If we really want to kickstart things towards koji and
git, I could throw rhel6 on it and make it available. Its obviously
not super-high-end, so not sure if it could be both the hub and a
builder, but its not a VM and has way more than 256M of RAM... Not
sure what it has for disks at the moment either, but storage is cheap
(the case has 4 bays in it).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com