Web hosting?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:16:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 07/31/2010 12:06 PM, Chen Lei wrote:
> 2010/7/31 Hans de Goede<j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I think that just putting Frogatto as a whole in rpmfusion is a much
>> better solution,
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hans (the autodownloader maintainer)
>>

> Several months ago, rpmfusion list have a discussion about
> distrubuting nonfree game data, but conclusion are made yet. Should we
> also open a such discussion on fedora -devel and game-SIG? It'll
> affect a lot of game in the fedora repo.
>
> It seems currently non free game with nonfree data has been
> distributed in rpmfusion yet.

Not true, we already have d1x-shareware and doom-shareware in rpmfusion.

autodownloader was made to deal with games where the data cannot be
re-distributed at all, like x4u. Then I started using it too to package
games where the engine was already in Fedora since there were free data
games using the same engine, which on hindsight might not have been
the best decision. I certainly think it is not a good idea to make
games which use their own dedicated engine and have non free data
use autodownloader, as the engine + game need to be kept in 100% sync
there.

Regards,

Hans