Web hosting?

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:31:58 CEST 2010

2010/7/31 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com>:
> autodownloader was made to deal with games where the data cannot be
> re-distributed at all, like x4u. Then I started using it too to package
> games where the engine was already in Fedora since there were free data
> games using the same engine, which on hindsight might not have been
> the best decision. I certainly think it is not a good idea to make
> games which use their own dedicated engine and have non free data
> use autodownloader, as the engine + game need to be kept in 100% sync
> there.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

I think most people will agree with you that distributing game data in
rpm instead of autodownloader will be better. I think  we should
dicussion this on -devel list and add those description about game
packaging on fedora packaging guideline or some elsewhere because many
games are started to use autodownloader now. Actually, d1x and doom
are both ancient games.

Regards,
Chen Lei