Introduction and Review Requests for PhotoFilmStrip

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 10 12:30:52 CET 2011

On 10/01/11 08:24, Mario Torre wrote:
> This is my first mail to the list, and also my first package review
> request ever, and so I would like to introduce myself.
Welcome.

> I wanted to start the process directly within the Fedora umbrella, but I
> don't think this is possible since PhotoFilmStrip requires mencoder to
> do any useful job (although it doesn't need it to run, it needs it to
> create the movies).
So it sounds like it can technically be in Fedora, from what you are
saying. Does that mean it can actually startup and accept input without
mencoder installed ?
Can it do anything useful at all (eg output to an open format like ogg ?

If so, maybe it would be reasonable to have the application itself in
Fedora, and separately package PhotoFilmStrip-mencoder/bad in RPMFusion
(which is designed to bring in the Requires: as needed for full
functionality ?

Asking on the Fedora packaging list should get a definite answer.
packaging at lists.fedoraproject.org