Good bye, RPM Fusion! (was: Re: Problem with infrastructure.)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:40:22 CET 2011

Some minutes ago I've removed my bugzilla account from the admin group.
Thanks, Matthias, for adding me a few years ago!

This also means I will no longer run the cron job that syncs the
owners.list files into bugzilla. Somebody else will need to take over.

It just doesn't work out any longer. owners.list is filling with invalid
email addresses again. And this time some of them are account names
instead of email addrs. My old messages about what could be done have not
resulted in any encouraging responses. Sure, I could look into needed
solutions myself and silently, but I believe in team-work and in motivating
collaboration. I also believe in people being brave enough to tell me
their opinion, even if they would only come up with a request for something
to be done as an improvement. There is no such activity at RPM Fusion.
Not limited to the bugzilla comps syncing.