Good bye, RPM Fusion!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:05:17 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

> Some minutes ago I've removed my bugzilla account from the admin group.
> Thanks, Matthias, for adding me a few years ago!
>
> This also means I will no longer run the cron job that syncs the
> owners.list files into bugzilla. Somebody else will need to take over.
>
> It just doesn't work out any longer. owners.list is filling with invalid
> email addresses again. And this time some of them are account names
> instead of email addrs. My old messages about what could be done have not
> resulted in any encouraging responses. Sure, I could look into needed
> solutions myself and silently, but I believe in team-work and in motivating
> collaboration. I also believe in people being brave enough to tell me
> their opinion, even if they would only come up with a request for something
> to be done as an improvement. There is no such activity at RPM Fusion.
> Not limited to the bugzilla comps syncing.

I'm sad to see you go. But I agree that rpmfusion currently is not
in a good state from the infrastructure pov. We really need to do something
about this!

As I said in a previous mail I think it would be a good idea to get
together with a group of people at fosdem and discuss this, so
any takers ?

Regards,

Hans