Good bye, RPM Fusion!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:34:01 CET 2011

Hi,

On 01/29/2011 03:03 PM, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Hans de Goede<j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> As I said in a previous mail I think it would be a good idea to get
>> together with a group of people at fosdem and discuss this, so
>> any takers ?
>
> Unluckily I'm really busy ATM and I cannot help (even though in the
> past I offered some help and I wasn't even contacted).

I think that ("wasn't even contacted") is part of the problem.

> I think you can get more people interested if you mail an announcement
> to the Fedora announce list or if you mail the fedora infrastructure
> team directly. It seems this list is read by a lot of package
> maintainers but not by people interested in the infrastructure work.

I think that in general sending out a message to ask for some help with
infrastructure work is a good idea. But I won't do so for 2 reasons:

1) I would like to keep a low profile wrt rpmfusion work, given my
current employer.

2) I think that before such a message is send this needs to be discussed
with the current infrastructure people (SmootherFrogz, and ... ?)

If you could do 2) and then send such a message that would be great!

Thanks & Regards,

Hans