orphaning bsnes

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:23:05 CEST 2011

2011/6/15 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> I have realised that I have not been giving bsnes the love it deserves.
> The current version in the repos is severely lagging behind upstream
> release, and I have no energy to update it due to some massive changes.
> I am attaching the latest spec (building on f14 but install section
> needs tweaking). How should I proceed next?
>
> Julian

Hi,

You need to follow the same process as it used to be in fedora:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Deprecate_orphaned_packages#CVS

Basically, remove all files related to the module in devel (not
current branches)
and put a dead.package that explain why this module is orphaned.

But we could wait a little for another maintainer to rise before that.

Thx