RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2011-04-28

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:32:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/16 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
>> I mention #4 with a question mark because I have provided OpenShot
>> 1.3.1 packages through my google docs and already have some positive
>> user reports and I have tested it myself with good results. I also
>> built Kdenlive 0.8 but I don't know if anyone has used it yet.
> Note: Please request ACL on package by having primary maintainer
> blocking bug#33 on any bugreport related to the component involved. (I
> remember having seen a question about that on this ml that I might
> have passed).

Sorry, I could have worded things better. I made a mock build of
Kdenlive 0.8 on my own machine completely outside of RPMFusion. At
first only to test it with the git version of mlt I built but figured
I might as well make it available for others to test while Ryan was
busy at school.

If I understand your response correctly then you are saying I should
request cvs/ACL access to Kdenlive? If Ryan would like to add me as a
co-maintainer of Kdenlive to have some redundant coverage then I would
be happy to volunteer.

>> As a side note, frei0r-plugins 1.3 has been released upstream which I
>> know OpenShot uses... I'd be willing to be a co-maintainer of it if
>> Nicolas doesn't mind or could use the help. I see his name on a lot of
>> packages...
> Good for me once you update in rawhide (f16) first and then, if there
> is no ABI break involved, update stable onl if they are mandatory
> features that worth it.

Ok, how do I detect an ABI breakage? Since Openshot is python based
I'm not sure it cares, but I'd have to see what all uses it.

Here's the change log:

1.3.0 - 8 March 2011

        This release adds more plugins, better documentation and better
        examples for writing code that makes use of thed opencv library.
        New filters (4): tutorial, sharpness, denoise, lightgraffiti
        New generator: test_pat (broadcast test patterns)
        New mixer: addition_alpha

Anything in there you see that's worth upgrading stable?

As far as co-maintainership, I'm assuming in the Fedora repos that you
can do this directly?

Thanks,
Richard