VirtualBox-OSE.spec, 1.84, 1.85, indentation and rename to VirtualBox

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:52:15 CET 2012

2012/1/1 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
> On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 22:40 +0200, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 18:01:21 +0000
>> Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
>> > About indentation , I use coding style my tabs have 4 spaces.
>> > :vim  set expandtab set softtabstop=4 set ts=4 set sw=4
>> >
>> > so all .spec have a mixed with really tabs with tabs expands in
>> > spaces. and I don't know what to do about.
>>
>> Either use the default of 8 spaces, or convert all tabs to spaces so
>> that it appears the same regardless of the tab length setting.
>
> I'm trying find fedora code style conventions, after Google it, I got:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/beakerlib/wiki/CodingStyle
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Contribute
> Furthermore, we have adopted the code style and formatting specification
> used by the FreeIPA project to describe our  C and  Python coding
> styles.
>
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Coding_Style#Spaces_and_Indentation
> MUST: No tabs all indentation 4 spaces. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: When
> wrapping lines, try to break it:
>
> >From http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
> Tabs or Spaces?
> For new projects, spaces-only are strongly recommended over tabs. Most
> editors have features that make this easy to do.
>
> Well I just found a easy way to "convert all tabs into spaces"
> in vim do :retab reference:
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Converting_tabs_to_spaces
>
> So should I retab all .spec ?
Talking about spec files both are legal according to rpmlint, but if
you choose one, it needs to stay the same for entire spec file.
Now you are working with others, and changing the indent back and
forth isn't fair.
when one indent has been chosen it's better to stay with it.

I'm more interested by having the changelog diff betweek devel and
F-16 sorted out.