Need advice: Migration of mythtv config data

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:05:22 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what specific data needs to be moved? I read over
> https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2085 , is that the main issue? Was
> there a link to an upstream discussion on that?

Unfortunately no... There are channel icons, temporary files, and by
default (unless you create a Streaming storage group) all the HLS
(transcode on the fly) files including JWPlayer (flash based video
player for HLS).

> My gut reaction is that this is still a bug to be fixed upstream, and
> we shouldn't diverge RPM Fusion too much if possible, but I'm open to
> discussion.

I guess it's the question of the lesser evil at this point, but I
really don't like all this stuff being written to /etc...

Richard