Need advice: Migration of mythtv config data

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:34:38 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
> Since my last email to the list, I tracked down the upstream
> discussion on this [1], and it looks like upstream is planning on
> changing the names of these configuration files anyway. So if we
> implement this now, we might end up with two %post hacks in the spec
> file instead of one.

You forgot to post the link :) But I think you mean this one?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/497555

It doesn't appear that much has happened on this front yet...

> I agree with subtle push idea :-) But I wonder if that might be better
> served with a trac ticket filed upstream?

I'm not sure at this point... It's just my personal opinion, but the
know if it's because of something totally unrelated to me
requests/questions (torc?) or they just don't really care about
external input, which to some extent I can understand. There doesn't
seem to be enough developers but there's plenty of people who want
things a certain way...

Richard