Need advice: Migration of mythtv config data

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Jul 20 14:12:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:49 AM, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Tend to agree, except, the subtle push in the right direction eg better
> matching the FHS, and patches that make it, and config relocations of the
> config that could help lead upstream into a better config solution. Once
> they see it working, hopefully they would be more likely to accept the
> change ;-)

Since my last email to the list, I tracked down the upstream
discussion on this [1], and it looks like upstream is planning on
changing the names of these configuration files anyway. So if we
implement this now, we might end up with two %post hacks in the spec
file instead of one.

I agree with subtle push idea :-) But I wonder if that might be better
served with a trac ticket filed upstream?

- Ken