[RPM Fusion] Issue with fedora's openssl package for libbluray/libaacs

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Tue Jun 12 21:35:19 CEST 2012

On 06/11/2012 10:56 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unless something other than libaacs will use the freeworld package, I
>> think this is a prime example of why there needs to be exceptions to
>> the rules :)
>>
>> I don't know of any formal approval mechanism here, but my vote would
>> be to allow the bundled/static linking for this and just following the
>> Fedora guidelines for Provides: bundled(openssl).
>
> Like Richard said, if there's no other app that uses ECC, I think this
> is the right approach.

libaacs is probably not the only app that would benefit from ECC
support. For example, openssh, bitcoin, some digital certificates are
using ECC... There are propably others examples, but I've not done an
extended research on the matter. And one would need to make -freeworld
version of at least openssl, libgcrypt and possibly more do have full
coverage.

Anyway, could anyone give some pointers or even spec file for bundling
and static linking ? I'd like to take a look before trying the same for
libaacs.

Regards,
Xavier