ffmpeg-0.11

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:27:53 CEST 2012

2012/6/14 Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com>:
> I'm just a newbie, following a complicated thread without looking into
> details. But now it seems come down to me, beeing the bombono maintainer, to
> fix  my package so it builds against new ffmpeg 0.11.1.
>
> Which is committed to 'devel'. How do I use  packages committed to devel?
>
> Looking at updates-testing, for me the logical place, I see a that ffmpeg is
> committed today, but still 0.10.4. It's definitely something I don't
> understand here...which probably boils down to being my bad.
>
> In short: what am I supposed to do in order to build my package against the
> new ffmpeg  0.11.1?

Hi
For now nothing is built from our infra, so you can just pick ffmpeg
from the devel branch of the cvs, make srpm and rebuilt the package to
test it on your local system.
You can eventually commit some fix but not submit a build job yet.

Then the ffmpeg package will be built from the infra in few days.

For the record, this is the process that was followed with Rathann.
Once the ffmpeg package will be rebuilt, I will not push the binaries
in F-18 until most of the package got fixed.