ffmpeg-0.11

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jun 18 11:56:45 CEST 2012

Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> FYI I don't know what means removing vlc from the buildroot, there is no
> such concept from the infra side.

Add exclude=phonon-backend-vlc to the builders' rpmfusion-free*.repo files,
or more likely to the corresponding sections of their mock .cfg files.

Nothing should BuildRequire phonon-backend-vlc anyway.

> Why thoses package are requiring vlc at all anyway, it seems to me that
> the bug is here.

The packages are requiring the virtual phonon-backend (dragged in by phonon
which is dragged in by phonon-devel), which is provided by both phonon-
backend-gstreamer and phonon-backend-vlc. Normally, in Fedora, this is
phonon-backend-gstreamer, but with RPM Fusion enabled, yum prefers phonon-
backend-vlc because of its preference criteria (fewer dependencies, shorter
name etc.). If you exclude phonon-backend-vlc from the builders' repo
config, the builds should get phonon-backend-gstreamer dragged in instead,
which is normally in working state.

> vlc is the primary victim here, because I cannot even rebuilt vlc if there
> is a ABI change, the workaround to me is to requires the gstreamer phonon
> backend to avoid such permanent bootstraping issue.

That problem would also go away if you implement the above change.

        Kevin Kofler