FFmpeg rebuild Schedule ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Jun 26 00:15:51 CEST 2012

On Dom, 2012-06-24 at 15:51 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> >> Here is the plan
> >> 1st  - build x264 with bootstrap
> >> 2nd - build ffmpeg-0.11
> >> 3rd - gpac
> >> 4th - x264 can be built without bootstrap
> >>
> >> but it's also possible to build x264 at the very end.

I'd like know better about this subject. x264-libs unbootstrap will do
the same effect of x264-libs with bootstrap ?

My thinking is, if x264-libs unbootstrap will do the same or better, we
should compile it sooner (4th place), to get optimal results .

> >> Now the idea is to build vlc not that far so phonon application can
> >> have their backend installed at build time.

> After the FFmpeg/x264 bootstrap is done, I will handle libquicktime
> vlc and mjpegtools and leave others maintainers the opportunity to
> submit their rebuilt until tomorrow. (Then I will submit a rebuilt
> job from the remaining FFmpeg/x264 dependencies).
> Depending on how the rebuilt went , I will push package out then or
> later this week.

I think, FFmpeg/x264 bootstrap is done.
I checked mjpegtools and no problems found, can I commit and build
it ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.