[RPM Fusion] Issue with fedora's openssl package for libbluray/libaacs

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Fri Jul 19 17:40:55 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

On 07/19/2013 05:17 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Xavier,
>
> Thanks for taking this up. I recently got a bluray drive for my desktop machine
> but haven't gotten around to trying it yet...

It should hopefully be quite straightforward now.
yum install $PREFERRED_VIDEO_PLAYER libaacs libgcrypt-freeworld
then drop a properly filled KEYDB.cfg file in /etc/xdg/aacs.
repoquery says mplayer, vlc, xbmc and xine-lib have support for libbluray.

> Some pre-review comments:
>
> 1. Are you planning to keep a minimal diff from the upstream spec?
>
> If not you can remove BuildRoot: and Group: tags.

Yes, I'd rather keep the spec as close as possible to Fedora's one. Less
thinking when merging changes from Fedora, lower turnaround for (security) updates.

> 2. Shouldn't this package Require: the parent package in Fedora? (Requires:
> libgcrypt%{?_isa} = %{version}-%{release})
>
> Perhaps the release part isn't necessary...

Why ? Keep both in sync ? Once libgcrypt-freeworld is installed, the regular
libgcrypt is not really used anymore, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Regards,
Xavier