bootstrap x264/ffmpeg on F18

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:03:47 CEST 2013

2013/6/17 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>

> How about, this week, do the same bootstrap x264/ffmpeg, done in F19,
> F18 ?
> We will have more 6 months of F18 as stable

Nope, I don't recall any ABI break in stable fedora of that level that
would be allowed.

That been said, it could be possible for someone to provide a recent ffmpeg
version that would replace the RPM Fusion ffmpeg package (not ffmpeg-libs)
and use an alternate name for the libraries. (as provided by the
ffmpeg_suffix  option in the spec file).

That package would even be made available within the repository if we move
to alternative support for the ffmpeg binaries.