Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 23:38:51 CEST 2013

2013/6/26 Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>

> Hi,
>
> ..
> >> (d) Move the whole thing (back) to RPM Fusion (where it originally was,
> before
> >>      we started needing xine-lib for Amarok and Phonon, which both no
> longer
> >>      use it). It would go to the Free section, of course.
> >> My proposal is to go with (d).
> >>
> >> The following packages currently depend on xine-lib:
> >> * gxine
> >> * (k9copy – already in RPM Fusion, not affected)
> >> * kaffeine (my package, the reason why I maintain xine-lib in the first
> place)
> >> * oxine
> >> * xine-plugin
> >> * xine-ui
> >> These packages would have to move to RPM Fusion along with xine-lib.
> >>
> >> In Kaffeine's case, upstream is switching from xine-lib to MPlayer in
> their git
> >> repository, so it will likely have to move to RPM Fusion sooner or later
> >> anyway. This means the affected packages are basically *xine*.
> >>
> >> So my plan is to retire (for my packages, resp. have the respective
> maintainer
> >> retire) the listed packages in Fedora for Fedora ≥ 17 and get (or have
> the
> >> respective maintainer get) them into RPM Fusion Free instead. (I'd take
> care
> >> of xine-lib and kaffeine myself, I hope the maintainers of the other
> packages
> >> will take care of them.)
> >
> > Sounds good, I say go for it!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hans
>
> It's probably a bit late for F17, as F19 is almost out the door (!), but I
> now
> have a specfile merging and cleaning the bits from Fedora and RPM Fusion
> for
> xine-lib 1.2.3. It's also adding support for VAAPI and VDPAU. 2 patches to
> allow
> building VAAPI got pushed upstream along the way.
>
> I'm attaching a preliminary version to this mail. It still need a bit of
> cleaning though. Given the changes involved, I think it might be a good
> idea to
> re-review it.

I would like a update bug open on our bugzilla about this (if not done
already)
I would like a preliminary agreement that the fedora package will be
removed.
Specially as not alll possibilities might be done in order for xine-lib to
stay in fedora. (such as bundling a special version of libavformat or else
in xine-lib fedora, as soon as it's not libavcodec)