Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 05:08:07 CET 2013

> I wrote:
> > I'm going to complain about this to FPC, and if they ignore the
> issue,
> > escalate it to FESCo. This kind of package has no business being in
> > Fedora!
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/362

Thank you for filing the ticket, Kevin. Even if lpf makes it easier for
users to use skype/spotify/whatnot, it's promoting non-foss software.
Not only is it against the packaging guidelines, it's quite against our
foundation of freedom too.

I think packaging stuff up for rpmfusion as we've already been doing is
the way to go.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations
--
Thanks,