Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 09:56:16 CET 2013

On 1 November 2013 02:42, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> > I'm going to complain about this to FPC, and if they ignore the issue,
> > escalate it to FESCo. This kind of package has no business being in
> > Fedora!
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/362

Apparently for the legal team this is acceptable. As I already stated
before I'm very surprised that it has passed legal review; but if it's
acceptable for them...

I would feel more comfortable though if these packages would go in
RPMFusion instead of Fedora. This way Fedora would promote only 100% free
software and all reviews would not have the FE-LEGAL burden.

Just my 2c.

--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/