Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 21:36:28 CET 2013

On 2013-11-18 20:29, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Sex, 2013-11-15 at 19:21 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> I wrote:
>>> And if FPC doesn't feel competent, they should say so so we can re-file
>>> the ticket with FESCo (or they could just forward it to FESCo directly).
>> Actually, I see FPC made a decision now, that's good.
> And what was decision ? , I don't understand what is write in the
> ticket .

It basically boils down to that the main lpf package is OK for fedora,
while lpf-* packages as lpf-skype and lpf-spotify-client should be in a
'more appropriate repository' (Don't mention the war...)

I have retired lpf-spotify-client from fedora. lpf-skype and
lpf-spotify-client are on their way into rpmfusion in tickets 3033 and
3034 in a joint venture between me and Simone Caronni.

--alec