Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 22:11:28 CET 2013

On 2013-11-18 21:51, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Seg, 2013-11-18 at 21:36 +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:
>>> And what was decision ? , I don't understand what is write in the
>>> ticket .
>>>
>> It basically boils down to that the main lpf package is OK for fedora,
>> while lpf-* packages as lpf-skype and lpf-spotify-client should be in a
>> 'more appropriate repository' (Don't mention the war...)
>>
>> I have retired lpf-spotify-client from fedora. lpf-skype and
>> lpf-spotify-client are on their way into rpmfusion in tickets 3033 and
>> 3034 in a joint venture between me and Simone Caronni.
> I will join in with "Adobe flash reader", it is possible ?
>
> Many thanks,
You are welcome!. It should be possible as long as the license allows us
to freely download  and build a package i. e., there must be no
limitations on the downloader.  The target package  can have
limitations, I presume it's "non-redistributable, no modications permitted'.

Look at the two tickets for examples, there is also a commented template
in the lpf upstream at github which is reasonably up to date.
Preferably, use the lpf version in updates-testing while testing,
current lpf in main repo has some annoying glitches. Assume you will
find bugs...

If you submit a review request I can review it.

--alec