Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:47:03 CET 2013

On 26 November 2013 00:08, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> Apart of this. RPMFusion have any other rule or restriction ? to not
> ship this kind of software ? , because already have a repo ?

I've read the license text file and it seems that we can do what lpf
package does, i.e. the user downloads and installs the package on its own
system; so it should be coevered by the license.

> My idea was exactly not have to configure a dozen repositories, and
> eventually an rpmfusion remix have it all out of the box .

Would like to as well. It's not like having the package downloaded through
a yum repository, but it's better than nothing.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/