Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Sun Oct 13 11:36:34 CEST 2013

Hi maintainers,

On 01/05/2012 08:56 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> (d) Move the whole thing (back) to RPM Fusion (where it originally was, before
>     we started needing xine-lib for Amarok and Phonon, which both no longer
>     use it). It would go to the Free section, of course.
> My proposal is to go with (d).
>
> The following packages currently depend on xine-lib:
> * gxine
> * (k9copy – already in RPM Fusion, not affected)
> * kaffeine (my package, the reason why I maintain xine-lib in the first place)
> * oxine
> * xine-plugin
> * xine-ui
> These packages would have to move to RPM Fusion along with xine-lib.

xine-lib 1.2 package review is now done and it will soon be imported into RPM
Fusion and the Fedora package will be retired from F20 and Rawhide.
Consequently, the above packages will need to be imported into RPM Fusion and
retired from Fedora 20 and Rawhide as well.

The packages won't need a re-review to be imported, so you'll just need to
request an RPM Fusion account if you don't have one. Please note all sponsored
Fedora packagers are automatically granted packagers privileges in RPM Fusion.
I'll take care of filing the SCM requests and doing the initial builds, just
provide me with your RPM Fusion username.
See http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors for the account request.

I have requested commit rights for Fedora 20 and devel branches of the packages,
thus, if you wish so, I'll be able to take care of retiring them once everything
is in RPM Fusion.

Also, for those that are not comfortable with taming a different build system,
RPM Fusion is expected to switch to koji+git before F20 final, so fear not :-)

Regards,
Xavier