Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Michael J Gruber mjg at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 14 10:27:08 CEST 2013

Xavier Bachelot venit, vidit, dixit 13.10.2013 11:36:
> Hi maintainers,
>
> On 01/05/2012 08:56 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> (d) Move the whole thing (back) to RPM Fusion (where it originally was, before
>>     we started needing xine-lib for Amarok and Phonon, which both no longer
>>     use it). It would go to the Free section, of course.
>> My proposal is to go with (d).
>>
>> The following packages currently depend on xine-lib:
>> * gxine
>> * (k9copy – already in RPM Fusion, not affected)
>> * kaffeine (my package, the reason why I maintain xine-lib in the first place)
>> * oxine
>> * xine-plugin
>> * xine-ui
>> These packages would have to move to RPM Fusion along with xine-lib.
>
> xine-lib 1.2 package review is now done and it will soon be imported into RPM
> Fusion and the Fedora package will be retired from F20 and Rawhide.
> Consequently, the above packages will need to be imported into RPM Fusion and
> retired from Fedora 20 and Rawhide as well.
>
> The packages won't need a re-review to be imported, so you'll just need to
> request an RPM Fusion account if you don't have one. Please note all sponsored
> Fedora packagers are automatically granted packagers privileges in RPM Fusion.
> I'll take care of filing the SCM requests and doing the initial builds, just
> provide me with your RPM Fusion username.
> See http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors for the account request.
>
> I have requested commit rights for Fedora 20 and devel branches of the packages,
> thus, if you wish so, I'll be able to take care of retiring them once everything
> is in RPM Fusion.
>
> Also, for those that are not comfortable with taming a different build system,
> RPM Fusion is expected to switch to koji+git before F20 final, so fear not :-)
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

Thanks for all your work!

I'm in rpmfusion's fas, bz and devel-ml now, applied for cvs. [BTW:
self-signed cert on fas makes me feel a bit uneasy.]

I'll be more than happy to leave the lead to you in all things xine-ui,
whether on the fedora or the rpmfusion side.

Cheers,
Michael