Moving xine-lib and dependent apps to RPM Fusion Free for F17?

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Oct 24 12:36:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 10/13/2013 11:36 AM, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Hi maintainers,
>
> On 01/05/2012 08:56 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> (d) Move the whole thing (back) to RPM Fusion (where it originally was, before
>>      we started needing xine-lib for Amarok and Phonon, which both no longer
>>      use it). It would go to the Free section, of course.
>> My proposal is to go with (d).
>>
>> The following packages currently depend on xine-lib:
>> * gxine
>> * (k9copy – already in RPM Fusion, not affected)
>> * kaffeine (my package, the reason why I maintain xine-lib in the first place)
>> * oxine
>> * xine-plugin
>> * xine-ui
>> These packages would have to move to RPM Fusion along with xine-lib.
>
> xine-lib 1.2 package review is now done and it will soon be imported into RPM
> Fusion and the Fedora package will be retired from F20 and Rawhide.
> Consequently, the above packages will need to be imported into RPM Fusion and
> retired from Fedora 20 and Rawhide as well.
>
> The packages won't need a re-review to be imported, so you'll just need to
> request an RPM Fusion account if you don't have one. Please note all sponsored
> Fedora packagers are automatically granted packagers privileges in RPM Fusion.
> I'll take care of filing the SCM requests and doing the initial builds, just
> provide me with your RPM Fusion username.
> See http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors for the account request.
>
> I have requested commit rights for Fedora 20 and devel branches of the packages,
> thus, if you wish so, I'll be able to take care of retiring them once everything
> is in RPM Fusion.
>
> Also, for those that are not comfortable with taming a different build system,
> RPM Fusion is expected to switch to koji+git before F20 final, so fear not :-)
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

All packages have been imported, rebuilt and pushed to RPM Fusion Fedora 20 free
repository.
The packages have been dead.package'ed in Fedora' GIT for f20 and master branches.

The next remaining task is to retire the packages in the pkgdb. Unfortunately,
commit rights are not enough to be able to do that, so I've requested
approveacls rights. Either grant me this right or retire the packages on your
own. If you retire the packages, make sure to do f20 first, then devel.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life#Package_DB

I'll take care of comps, spins and upstream release monitoring next.

Thanks to everyone involved, we are really close now.

Regards,
Xavier