wl-kmod for F-18

Nicolas Viéville nicolas.vieville at univ-valenciennes.fr
Sat Oct 26 09:36:26 CEST 2013

> > > It happened again this morning with wl-kmod for F-18. This time it was a
> > > mock error.
> > > I have a question. If I submit a new job, I'll probably have to change
> > > the minor release version number to be able to do so. Isn't it annoying
> > > and wouldn't it be more appropriate to just ask plague to "requeue" this
> > > job and keep this minor release version tag unchanged, since nothing is
> > > changed in the package and it is simply rebuilt?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for your explanations about this.
> > > Cordially,
> >
> > To be complete the log message found there:
> > http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-18-rpmfusion_nonfree/18751-wl-kmod-6.30.223.141-1.fc18.5/x86_64/job.log
> >
> > says: Job failed because it was killed.
>
> Hi, also says:
> ERROR: Timed out waiting for the mock status
> file!  /var/lib/mock/plague-builder/e388baba1b5c1562d513a44d3ff247baf393fd85/result/state.log
> Killing build process group of child pid 6365...
> ERROR: Couldn't kill child process group -6365: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
>
> Timeouts, I think is not a big deal, and sometimes happens , you may try
> resubmit the job with
>
> export PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG=~/.plague-client-rpmfusion.cfg
> /usr/bin/plague-client requeue YOURJOBID (18751 in your case )

Thank you Sérgio for your explanation and the tip with plague.
But in this case, as I'm not the initial submitter of the job, plague
refuse me to do so, that's why I asked a question about bumping the
minor release version number in my previous message (at the beginning of
this one). According to the situation in this case the only alternative
I have is to submit a new job (that I can re-submit eventually if
needed), but the counter part is to bump the minor release version
number, even if the package was not not modified (here it's just a build
problem). I just wanted some clarification about this: is it OK to
proceed this manner or bumping the minor release version number is
reserved for other types of actions?

Cordially,

--
NVieville