OCE now GPL licensed

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:14:37 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> Richard Shaw wrote:
> > It appears as of OpenCascade 6.7.0 [snip] that it is now gpl licensed.
>
> Hooray! (LGPL version 2.1 + exception ("License: LGPLv2 with exceptions"),
> to be precise.) Finally a Free Software 3D CAD solution.
>
> > (OCE 0.14)
>
> However, that is unfortunately NOT true! Only OCE 0.15 and higher (current
> git master) have the new license. The current stable 0.14.1 is still
> licensed under the old proprietary license. OpenCascade 6.7.0 was imported
> only after OCE 0.14 was branched.

Hmm... I thought I checked the LICENSE.txt in the 0.14 release tag
commit... We'll, I'm still having trouble getting FreeCAD to build. The new
version of cmake (2.8.12+) changed the number of required arguments to the
QT4_MOC_CREATE_COMMAND (or something like that) but even when I patch
around that there's another problem with qrc (QT resource files) not
getting generated in time. Some kind of dependency problem I think.

Richard