introducing 3e-calendar

Michal Altmann michal.altmann at zonio.net
Sun May 11 22:35:54 CEST 2014

Sorry for delayed answer.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM, solarflow99 <solarflow99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had been in the same situation and there were others here that sponsored
> me.  I'm a bit new to sponsoring though, otherwise i'd be glad to help.  I
> can review it so it should pass sponsorship more easily, when you find a
> sponsor.
>
> hope it helps..

Thank you very much. I am in phase of preparing packages for the first
review and I'll appreciate your help.

>> BTW, I'd guess that unless you have some contacts the real bottleneck here
>> is to become sponsored. Your goal here is to package this particular sw.
>> However, becoming sponsored normally needs much more activity than that,
>> sponsors sponsor people after they have been active in much more than just a
>> single package. Also, it's sometime easier to get sponsored in Fedora than
>> in rpmfusion, but then you need to submit more packages. See [1]. Note that
>> if you're sponsored in Fedora this applies also to rpmfusion.

Can you specified "much more activity" please? We would like to
package this software that consists from 4 separate packages and we
are ready to contribute by other packages, for example, we would like
to add Metalog that is not coded by us.
I thing that we have no chance to get sponsored directly in Fedora
because of non-free software as we found in guidelines. Maybe with 3rd
software such as Metalog.

I have a question about form of spec file for binary package. I am
thinking about fixed dist and arch field. It is the right way to
create SRPM directly for the target system, that can run the binaries
? What Ferdora release are you prefere for the first review ?

Thanks and have a nice day

Michal