ffmpeg-2.4 released

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 16 22:37:33 CEST 2014

On 15/10/14 16:42, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> I don't think anything has changed since last time: dvbcut and
> kmediafactory fail to rebuild, vlc needs a patch, everything else builds
> fine. David Timms was working on making dvbcut work, but I have not
> heard from him regarding whether he was successful.
Hi, I currently don't have a dev/vm for F21, so haven't had much of a
look at dvbcut. Only got as far as making the net install CD.

However, in reality, dvbcut defaults to using it's own inbuilt demux,
with various ffmpeg output formats as options.

When I made changes to suit earlier ffmpeg, these followed the original
authors #if #end style checking for ffmpeg version. In some of these
areas, I hadn't worked out the details of what the new equivalent code
was going to be (and it was starting to look pretty messy), and hence
choosing some of the output types (ffmpeg) results in application fail.
 (help wanted from ffmpeg expert).

I expect to have another look this weekend; however, don't hold up the
update just due dvbcut...

Thanks, Dave.