Attempted rebuild of RPM Fusion (free) for F24

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Apr 8 13:51:41 CEST 2016

Hello, this should be shared with all developers , I'm aware that many
packages doesn't build on F24 or in other words with GCC6

PRs (pull requests) that fix the builds for F24 and still applicable on
F23 , are welcome , IMHO. And doesn't change the scheduled of the other
tasks.

I can't say if we will have F24 branch soon , but kwizart and Xavier
are working on it ...

On Qua, 2016-04-06 at 08:20 +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> I tried to rebuild all packages from RPM Fusion F23 free for Fedora
> 24
> and published the results here:
>
> http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/fusion-24/RPMS/
>
> This is a brute force rebuild of all packages using a simple script.
> Which loops over all existing SRPMS and tries to rebuild them in
> mock.
> The script ran 3 or 4 times to make sure all packages are rebuilt
> against the newest version of the required libraries.
>
> In a second run the script looped over all SRPMS and rebuilt the
> packages from git if newer versions were found.
>
> The logs of the builds (some are missing) can be found here:
>
> http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/fusion-24/logs/
>
> I categorized the failures like this:
>
> C++ errors:
> audacious-plugins-freeworld-3.6.2-1.fc24.src.rpm
> bombono-dvd-1.2.2-11.fc24.src.rpm
proposed to be retired

> desmume-0.9.11-1.fc24.src.rpm
> k9copy-3.0.3-2.fc24.src.rpm
> kodi-16.0-1.fc24.src.rpm
> mixxx-2.0.0-2.fc24.src.rpm
> mpd-0.19.14-1.fc24.src.rpm
> Nestopia-1.45-2.fc24.src.rpm
> sonic-visualiser-freeworld-2.1-2.fc24.src.rpm
> terminatorX-3.90-3.fc24.src.rpm
> xvst-2.5.2-4.20140804gitcbfafe4.fc24.src.rpm
>
> Patch does not apply:
> avidemux-2.6.12-5.fc24.src.rpm
updated, the real version is avidemux-2.6.12-1

> vlc does not build:
> phonon-backend-vlc
>
> Other build errors:
> dvd95-1.6p0-7.fc24.src.rpm
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly-0.10.19-18.fc24.src.rpm
> gtetrinet-0.7.11-7.fc24.src.rpm
> kaffeine-1.2.2-8.fc24.src.rpm
> mamory-0.2.25-8.fc24.src.rpm
> mythtv-0.27.6-3.fc24.src.rpm
> ndiswrapper-kmod-1.59-8.fc24.src.rpm
> yabause-0.9.14-1.fc24.src.rpm
>
> And for the following packages I have local git modifications:
> k3b-extras-freeworld: git changes, still doesn't compile
> x265: git changes
> oxine: git changes
proposed to be retired

--